Mary Ann Kristiansen opened the doors of the Hannah Grimes Marketplace in 1997 on Main Street in Keene, New Hampshire, to provide a local retail setting for artisans to sell their products. Since then, the Marketplace has assisted hundreds of local people to develop and expand their businesses. We sell high-quality products that are grown, sewn, beaded, knit, carved, blown, fired, written, printed, cured, baked, or painted in the region from over 300 members.
- To create a thriving marketplace for local products.
- To provide education and resources to help build the businesses of the people who make those
- To support our local community.
In 2006 we expanded to the Hannah Grimes Center, which is located at 25 Roxbury Street and assists our members with business education, support, coaching and additional resources.
The Hannah Grimes Center and Hannah Grimes Marketplace provide:
- Education, resources and support to start or grow your business.
- An easy-to-enter retail environment in which to learn and experiment with your product.
- Access to co-operative promotional, marketing, advertising.
- Regular social media activity on Instagram, Pinterest, facebook, Twitter and through website blogs
- Exposure from our participation in local, regional and national marketing.
- Monthly newsletters and Marketplace updates.
- Opportunities for product demonstrations, tastings, readings and shows.
- Business leads, referrals and networking.
- High traffic retail presence in downtown Keene.
Founder, Mary Ann Kristiansen speaks at TEDxFargo about Idea Demons